Team Gurren Pizza Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Gurren Pizza Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Avatar; last airbender Movie go?

Go down 
+2
Targo
StarTrekRules
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StarTrekRules

StarTrekRules

Avatar; last airbender Movie go? Empty
PostSubject: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:08 pm

So anyone interested in seeing Avatar: the last airbender on friday night? At AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing between nicholasville and lexington (it would be a heck less crowded than the mall and stuff). I'll get back with a time. Or sometime after four on sat? They dont yet have friday/saturday times up online for avatar (but they do for eclipse).

Let me know! Im figuring a later showing?
Back to top Go down
Targo
Admin
Targo

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:29 am

I haven't seen like one episode of the show, and generally want to avoid M. Night Shyamalan movies after the Lady in the Water / The Happening debacles, but I'm up for it.

I'm really wanting to see Toy Story 3 though... but I can settle for Avatar.
Back to top Go down
https://pizzaclub.forumotion.net
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:56 am

It's not one of the top movies on my "must see" list, but I'm up for anything to get Pizza Club together. And I think James might be in town this coming weekend (I believe on Saturday, right?). So we might be able to get the whole gang together for a movie outing.

Speaking of Avatar, Brandy and I just finished it. I really, really enjoyed it, even with its cliche ending. It ended pretty much how a lot of "chosen one" stories end, and some of the events in the finale seemed to take the wind out of the major threat throught the whole show. It felt like a finale to a season of Dragonball. Not Dragonball Z, but Dragonball, because it was still good and you could actually tell what was going on in the action scenes.
Back to top Go down
http://prinny-overlord.deviantart.com/
Targo
Admin
Targo

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:26 pm

Prinny-O wrote:

It felt like a finale to a season of Dragonball. Not Dragonball Z, but Dragonball, because it was still good and you could actually tell what was going on in the action scenes.

The Saiyan Saga from DBZ was better than any season from Dragonball though.
Back to top Go down
Cadet

Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Prinny-O wrote:
And I think James might be in town this coming weekend (I believe on Saturday, right?). So we might be able to get the whole gang together for a movie outing.

Possibly Friday night as well now. I am in the works of letting a new guy take my place at the Weird Al concert I was supposed to do Friday Night, as what happened to me at the Reds Game event on Saturday really took out my desire out to Troop anytime in the near future.
Back to top Go down
http://TKBearCrew.com
FlyingStewardess

FlyingStewardess

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:13 pm

wut is this James? - this is Tina on Heather's computer. Too lazy to log out.
Back to top Go down
Cadet

Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:19 pm

FlyingStewardess wrote:
wut is this James? - this is Tina on Heather's computer. Too lazy to log out.

I was sexually assaulted. No joke. No kidding around.

I was standing there posing for a picture and some guy walks up next to me, shoves his hand under my cod piece, grabs my genitals, squeezes, and walk away.

I was shouting at him to stop, and sputtering in confusion, and no one stopped him. No listened to me. Everybody laughed at me, and joked about it when I tried to tell anyone. Reds staffers, other 501st and Rebel Legion members. They all cracked jokes, asked if I liked it, said I bet I had wished it was a girl. But no one took me seriously. No one actually cared that some random dude had walked up and grabbed my junk and then just sauntered off like nothing happened.
Back to top Go down
StarTrekRules

StarTrekRules

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:25 pm

That is no good. I mean seriously. I wish someone would have hauled off and kicked the dude in the balls.
errr.

Okay, We'll plan on a saturday evening viewing for now. About 8pm? I'll check on times tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Targo
Admin
Targo

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Thats really awful, James. I'm sorry you couldn't get any support too. I mean seriously if some dude walks up and does that to a woman no one would think it was a laughing matter. So why is it different if it happens to a guy? In my opinion it isn't different at all, and I hate that you had to experience that.

Tina, Sat at 8 would probably work for me.
Back to top Go down
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:00 pm

James, I am so sorry. Feel free to come over whenever you need to on Friday. You are always welcome at our place. And you'll need to bring your Doctor outfit, because the TARDIS is fixed.

Whatever the movie time, I'm down with it.
Back to top Go down
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:40 pm

Jake brought something to my attention that I completely forgot. Our family reunion is on Sunday. So, it would be a lot easier for us to catch a movie on Friday night rather than Saturday, because we would have to leave early Sunday morning. So Tina, if you can find a showtime on Friday, that would be cool. I really don't think we'll have to worry about it being crowded since Twilight opens on the same weekend and Toy Story 3 is still going strong.

James, don't let this affect you staying over Saturday if you need to.
Back to top Go down
StarTrekRules

StarTrekRules

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:14 am

Okay heres the detail:

AmStar 14 at Brannon Crossing (between Nicholasville and lexington) at the 9:10pm showing. They are not showing the regular movie but the 3D one on Friday soo its gonna be 3D. Which is kinda what I wanted since I've never seen a movie in 3D. mwhahah.
Back to top Go down
Targo
Admin
Targo

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:29 am

StarTrekRules wrote:
Okay heres the detail:

AmStar 14 at Brannon Crossing (between Nicholasville and lexington) at the 9:10pm showing. They are not showing the regular movie but the 3D one on Friday soo its gonna be 3D. Which is kinda what I wanted since I've never seen a movie in 3D. mwhahah.

>3D
>Expensive
>Paying more money to see M. Night movie

Shocked

Not saying I won't go, just that I'm looking for more opportunities to use annoying green text.

Green Text. Green Text Everywhere.
Back to top Go down
StarTrekRules

StarTrekRules

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:08 pm

hey its that or go on saturday (after 6). also green text is like a piece of mold on my screen. blah
Back to top Go down
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:14 pm

Here's my problem with 3D: the glasses hurt my eyes. Not because of the visual effect, but because the glasses are too small for my head. And I'm sure my astigmatism doesn't help, either.

My problem with 3D with this movie is that the it was not filmed in 3D. See, movies like Avatar and Coraline were filmed in 3D, and used the affect very well (or so I hear with Avatar). This movie was filmed with standard cameras, and 3D was added later when just about every movie has to have a 3D version now. The 3D affect will not go well, I'm sure.

I would suggest just going ahead and seeing it at the Cinemark at Fayette Mall. The parking lot will be crowded, but the movie will not be. Especially after the reviews it's getting. And they're showing the movie at 7:45, 8:45, 9:30, 10:15, and 11:15, and all are non-3D.
Back to top Go down
Cadet

Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:22 pm

I will see what I can do about Friday night, getting south out of Cincinnati can be a bear, especially on a Friday. It can still be rather crowded around 6, but I could prolly make it your apartment around 8:30, Alex.
Back to top Go down
FlyingStewardess

FlyingStewardess

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:04 pm

I'm going to see the movie in whatever fashion, wherever and whenever Tina wants me to.
Back to top Go down
StarTrekRules

StarTrekRules

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:18 pm

lol, okay. I dont have to see it in 3D but I really do not want to go even NEAR the mall. How about Hamburg? Although it would have to be at the 9:35pm showing. (None 3D). Or we could still see it on friday (none 3D at brannon crossing at nine?) I was hoping the drive in (sky view) would be playing it but I dont see it listed. They usually dont put it up untill a day before hand. If it is playing on sat then I would definatly pick that since we could stretch out and well do pizza club stuff during the movie (and its a double header).
Back to top Go down
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:46 pm

If Sky View is anything like Twin Hills, it will probably be Toy Story 3 and Twilight. Those are the biggest two out right now, and drive-ins always go for the big movies. But a drive-in would be nice. It's been forever since I've been to one.

But I'm not seeing any listings at Brannon Crossing that aren't 3D. And Jerry is also not a fan of 3D films due to headaches, and he's wanting to join us. So I'm thinking Friday at 9:35pm at Regal in Hamburg?

And James, take your time. If you're running a bit late, give me a call, and we may just meet you in Hamburg, if we can all agree on this plan.
Back to top Go down
StarTrekRules

StarTrekRules

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:57 pm

Sounds cool. Yeah right now they have twilight and toy story but I did hear some parents talking about the drive in playing avatar. Somehow Im thinking its going to be the winchester one tho and thats just a little farther than I'd want to travel on a friday night especially since people work. This should give us time to eat before if we wanted too.
Back to top Go down
FlyingStewardess

FlyingStewardess

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:00 pm

The 9:35 showing will be too late for me since I have to work early on Saturday. I wish we could have found a showing that is a touch earlier so I can make it. I guess you all can have fun without me.
Back to top Go down
StarTrekRules

StarTrekRules

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Your choice love. I could drive and let you sleep on the way back? Sadly regal has a 7pm one which I know you cant make and brannon only has 3d on friday.
Back to top Go down
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:31 pm

I think Brannon Crossing is only going to have the 3D version. And I just saw that Sky View is not going to have Avatar. Man, this is taking a lot more work than I thought it would to find a suitable movie time for all of us. Is there any way we can do a matinee on Saturday? I mean, James and Jake will already be here, and Friday we can hang out and do Pizza Club stuff, then Saturday go out and see a movie. Does that sound like a more plausible plan? I really just don't want to see a movie late Saturday night, if you guys were wanting to see the movie late at night.
Back to top Go down
FlyingStewardess

FlyingStewardess

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:32 pm

I guess Saturday is the better option for me, after I get off work. Why don't you see it regular Friday, and see it 3D with me on Saturday?
Back to top Go down
FlyingStewardess

FlyingStewardess

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:34 pm

I work all day Saturday. You guys go ahead and see it Friday, since Friday night is too late for me and Saturday night is too late for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar; last airbender Movie go?   Avatar; last airbender Movie go? Empty

Back to top Go down

Avatar; last airbender Movie go?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next