Team Gurren Pizza Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Gurren Pizza Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet

Cadet

Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link Empty
PostSubject: Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link   Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:51 pm

So I saw all the awesome custom designs for Tingle and Ganon, and got a bit of creative itch to design a unique custom Zelda Universe costume myself, and what I came up with was Goron Armor for Twilight Princess. In Twilight Princess you can get the Zora Armor, which is a cool design in and of itself, but has already been done better by others, but unlike in Ocarina of Time, you don't get a cool unique corresponding outfit from the Gorons. It seemed weird, I mean you got the green and blue tunics, just like in OoT, but no red one? Okay, I know the Magic Armor is primarily red in color, but, whatever, it doesn't protect you specifically against fire, and its not from the Gorons.

So, I used the design of the Zora armor as a jumping off point to see what I thought a set of armor given by the Gorons to Link would look like, to protect you from the fire and magma of the Goron's mines. These are my initial two designs. Obviously, the red is the prominent color, and I wanted to incorporate he same kind of half helmet/half hat from the Zora armor as well. The first design was based around what I mistakenly thoguht was the Goron symbol, but later found out was the Gerundo symbol, Embarassed so for the second helmet design, I based it off the Goron mini-boss you fight in the mines, that way it fits even better into the general design of objects used used by the Gorons. The same boss has metal bands on his upper arms, which I incorporated into the design as Samurai-esque shoulder plates. The other big thing in my design was leather, I don't know, like Dodongo hide or something (I can't wait to bomb some Dodongos!). The first design simply had large leather should pauldrons, that the metal plates were attached to, but on the second design, I incorporated a bit of the Zora armor, which had almost blue open like jacket thing over the scale mail, and gave the armor sort of leather "Welding coat." The edges of the tunic, and the waist coat are also leather.

Design 1
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Design 2
Back to top Go down
http://TKBearCrew.com
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link   Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 10:41 am

I definitely love the concept, and the sketches are looking great. The only thing I would say is that the way the helmet/hat is on the second sketch looks a lot like Shredder. Maybe if you didn't cover the face, it wouldn't make me think that. Other than that, though, I do like the overall design, and that would be pretty awesome if we both had samurai themes in our Zelda costumes. It would make for some great photos.
Back to top Go down
http://prinny-overlord.deviantart.com/
StarTrekRules

StarTrekRules

PostSubject: Re: Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link   Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 12:19 pm

yeah. I think maybe opening up the face because if someone doesnt know what your going for they're going to think shredder. That was my first thought since I havent really played any Zelda games in a long time. -_- other than that I think its rocking. I guess I'll be the only one with no changes to their costume. lol.
Back to top Go down
Cadet

Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link   Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 5:16 pm

I had the lower half of the face covered, becuase in the Twilight Princess Zora armor, when you are in the water the lower half of your face is covered up. Plus, I'm really not that big, comfortable having my face uncovered in costume.
Back to top Go down
http://TKBearCrew.com
FlyingStewardess

FlyingStewardess

PostSubject: Re: Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link   Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 11:05 am

Hey! I really like the sketches, I noticed on your homespun fiber tunic that it looks like you've included scorch marks and holes like you've really been going through some lava, I think that's some awesome detail. I think you can make it not look like shredder by a few material and color options.
Back to top Go down
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link   Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:27 pm

We need to do a whole group of alternate Zelda costumes. We've got samurai Ganondorf and Twilight Princess Tingle. Maybe we could do a full western Zelda group, like cowboys and shit!
Back to top Go down
http://prinny-overlord.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link   Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link Empty

Back to top Go down

Zelda Costume: Goron Armor Link
Page 1 of 1