Team Gurren Pizza Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Gurren Pizza Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our Video Series

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FlyingStewardess

FlyingStewardess

Our Video Series Empty
PostSubject: Our Video Series   Our Video Series EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:58 pm

So I had a few ideas for cosplay based sketch that I'm going to work out tonight...I was trying to pose questions to myself to figure out what subject matter to do a sketch on. Here are some questions that you can help me with by answering:
What behaviors of cosplayers do you find funniest?
Name one thing about the convention experience is strange, weird, hilarious?
Name one thing do cosplayers do at home to prepare that is strange, weird, funny?
Back to top Go down
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

Our Video Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Video Series   Our Video Series EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Behaviors: I think the pompous cosplayers are pretty funny, at least to mock. The ones that tell you what a "real" cosplayer would do, or brags a lot about their costume without being asked about their costume.

Conventions as a whole: There are some strange people at conventions. Strange shut-ins with no social abilities. That's a comedy goldmine.

Cosplayers before a Con: I didn't really do anything strange...Brandy had the all-nighter right before we left. The only strange thing I do is make cds with nerdy music on them.
Back to top Go down
http://prinny-overlord.deviantart.com/
Targo
Admin
Targo

Our Video Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Video Series   Our Video Series EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:14 am

Weeaboos are the ones I find most annoying, mainly because I've had a lot of experience with people who think Japanese culture is the bestest EVAR... and I hate them.

The basement dwellers who awkwardly linger around are some of the funniest.

I mostly agree with Alex's post but those are some additions.

I have no idea what strange things cosplayers do before the con, I just packed my bags, but I guess I'm not a true cosplayer.
Back to top Go down
https://pizzaclub.forumotion.net
Cadet

Cadet

Our Video Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Video Series   Our Video Series EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 11:59 am

What behaviors of cosplayers do you find funniest?

The people with what they think to be good costumes undeservedly acting like rock stars, or above the regular people *Cough*YaYa*Cough* or just the arrogant assholes. I also think its funny when people with bad costumes act like they’re good, and then someone who actually tried with the same costume shows up and you can see them get pissed off and storm away. Also, the people who get waaaaaaay to into character.

Name one thing about the convention experience is strange, weird, hilarious?

Shut ins with no social skills. And going along with that, and tying into cosplay, people who absolutely freak the hell out when they see a character they like, and seem to refuse to acknowledge that is a person, not the character, and as such when the person does not sound like the character, or know every little detail about the character when questioned by said uber nerd, the uber nerd gets pissed at them and either rants at the cosplayer, or the uber nerd storms off in a huff.

Name one thing do cosplayers do at home to prepare that is strange, weird, funny?

For comedic value you could overplay them practicing getting into character. I mean, it is a good idea to actually practice facial expressions and stuff in a mirror to have good poses, but make it over the top for the video.
Back to top Go down
http://TKBearCrew.com
StarTrekRules

StarTrekRules

Our Video Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Video Series   Our Video Series EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:54 pm

I had this funny thought kinda related to this... I think one of use, whenever we show up on the video... well... we have intro music. Not like intro but more like... a theme. I was actually thinking of something like Sephiroth's theme. Really dramatic. We could play that up, and down the road, someone actually says something about the music? "WTF is up with that?" "What?" "THAT!?!?" (as music gets loader) "I have no idea what you are talking about...." kind of thing?

okay... now along the lines of the same stuff being said...

Girls who camwhore/yaoi for pics. I know, because I totally did so with Roxas. And... I would probably do it again. yeah yeah stfu. But most of them seem to be hambeasts... really big ones.

the funk/ pure unwashed body smell coming from some of these people. "You smell like con." That is totally weeaboo spirit your smelling.

"Correct" pronunciation of japanese/character name/ place/ anything. Fucking want to hit these people. Ah-knee-may can stfu, rly.

and lots ... LOTS of after con Cosplay Dramu on forums. Because seriously, she made that chainmail.
Back to top Go down
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

Our Video Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Video Series   Our Video Series EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Cosplayers be like zombies at the Con. Know what I'm sayin'?
Back to top Go down
http://prinny-overlord.deviantart.com/
Targo
Admin
Targo

Our Video Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Video Series   Our Video Series EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:26 pm

Prinny-O wrote:
Cosplayers be like zombies at the Con. Know what I'm sayin'?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Targo
Admin
Targo

Our Video Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Video Series   Our Video Series EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:49 pm

OKAYYYYY! We should do this shit. Or try again.

Here is the idea. We should all play Jerkasses. Don't know what a Jerkass is? Here ya go:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is an idea for an episode based on the Coffee House Rendezvous situation.

Heather's character accidentally agrees to go on a date, thinking its just a friendly outing for coffee. She is made aware that it is a date to the rest of the group's delight (see Jerkass).

Heather wants to get out of this "date" but she knows that all of us are completely unreliable (see Jerkass) so she comes up with some sort of elaborate convoluted scheme manipulating all of us into helping her get out of the date. And for comedy's sake it doesn't work, and Heather has a very awkward Coffee House Rendezvous.

Thoughts on trying to do this again? Thoughts on the episode idea?

Watching Always Sunny in Philadelphia makes me want to make a video series again.
Back to top Go down
Targo
Admin
Targo

Our Video Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Video Series   Our Video Series EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:04 am

On second thought, I changed my mind. This would be too time consuming and is a pipe-dream anyway. Carry on Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our Video Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Video Series   Our Video Series Empty

Back to top Go down

Our Video Series
Page 1 of 1