Team Gurren Pizza Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Gurren Pizza Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Team Gurren Fitness Club

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Targo
Admin
Targo

Team Gurren Fitness Club Empty
PostSubject: Team Gurren Fitness Club   Team Gurren Fitness Club EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 1:22 am

Alright, time to get in shape everybody. Like I said in the Cosplay forum, we can discuss whatever we want fitness related in here.

I'll start, I'm currently alternating days of cardio and weight-lifting. For cardio I'm set, I'm doing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and I'm noticing some results. Weight-lifting however is a different story, I'm trying to find a routine I like for cutting body fat, I'm open to suggestions. I know the basics, like compound movements (working more than one joint) is better than isolation (1 joint), but I don't know which ones to do in the same day, which ones to do in a super-set, etc.

Diet wise I think I'm set.

Here are some stuff I've found that have been pretty helpful:

Beginner's Health and Fitness Guide (even if you know the basics this is a worthwhile read):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is a pretty simple running plan for those interested:

Wiki entry for HIIT:

Meal plans for cutting body fat (some I like, some not):

Back to top Go down
https://pizzaclub.forumotion.net
FlyingStewardess

FlyingStewardess

PostSubject: Re: Team Gurren Fitness Club   Team Gurren Fitness Club EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Jake,
This is awesome, as Tina and I are going to be starting Kung Fu and I am working on a strength building exercises.
I'm doing push-ups, sit-ups, lots of stretches for flexibility, lunges, squats, etc.
I really want to add definition to my arms, legs, stomach, and rear.
Any ideas of how to burn fat of stomach and rear?
Back to top Go down
Targo
Admin
Targo

PostSubject: Re: Team Gurren Fitness Club   Team Gurren Fitness Club EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:09 pm

FlyingStewardess wrote:

Well spot reduction is a myth that the "experts" use to make you spend money on abdominal machines etc. So you can't just lose body fat in those areas.

Keep doing what you are doing, and add dieting to it if you haven't already. If you keep losing body fat you'll get to those areas eventually. For building muscle I know that squats are the best for getting dat ass.

Kung Fu sounds really cool btw.
Back to top Go down
Cadet

Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Team Gurren Fitness Club   Team Gurren Fitness Club EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:43 pm

FlyingStewardess wrote:

Running is the fastest way to burn off fat everywhere, becuase, as Jake said, it is pretty much impossible to just burn off of one selected area, since the whole process is metabolism driven.

Running is actually the one trick to actually get well defined abdominal that most people over look. You can build a lot of muscle, do as many sit ups and crunches as you want, but unless you get the outer fat layer burned off, it will never show.

Extra calories also contribute the fastest and easiest to abdominal fat, as well as sugars. Don't do it crazy super model style, but count/watch your calories to see what you're taking in, and keep an eye out for sugar hidden in things that you might actually think are helping you, like fruit juices. Juice is obviously a better choice than say, soda, but it can still have a lot of hidden sugar that will contribute to fat build up. That is way I love those Crystal Light/Generic Off Brand packets designed for a 20 oz bottle of water. Most now a days are sugar free and low calorie, and you can even get some that have extra protein (Special K brand, I think) in them, or other additives.
Back to top Go down
http://TKBearCrew.com
FlyingStewardess

FlyingStewardess

PostSubject: Re: Team Gurren Fitness Club   Team Gurren Fitness Club EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:12 pm

I really need to get a stopwatch so I can ease into running slowly. I'm the type of person that can sprint really well, but get tired easily when jogging. I've been intensely dancing as my cardio, and I noticed this week that pushups and situps are easier. It's just so hot outside to run!
Back to top Go down
Targo
Admin
Targo

PostSubject: Re: Team Gurren Fitness Club   Team Gurren Fitness Club EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:58 pm

FlyingStewardess wrote:
I really need to get a stopwatch so I can ease into running slowly. I'm the type of person that can sprint really well, but get tired easily when jogging. I've been intensely dancing as my cardio, and I noticed this week that pushups and situps are easier. It's just so hot outside to run!

Yeah it really is too hot to do anything outside. If you enjoy sprinting rather than jogging then I suggest giving the HIIT that I posted earlier a shot, its supposed to burn fat more effectively than jogging anyway.

I've been noticing some results too, cardio is getting easier every day, I'm very slowly making progress with weight-lifting, hopefully when I get a routine going I'll progress at a faster pace.

Keep up the good work, Heather!
Back to top Go down
FlyingStewardess

FlyingStewardess

PostSubject: Re: Team Gurren Fitness Club   Team Gurren Fitness Club EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:37 pm

That's cool, I have noticed you looked thinner last time I saw you. I really have no excuse for not running because at the community rec center in Versailles we can walk/run inside the airconditioned building for free. I just really need to break down and go.
Back to top Go down
Cadet

Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Team Gurren Fitness Club   Team Gurren Fitness Club EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:26 pm

5.1 miles, 47 minutes, but, then again, I had a lot of anger to work through.
Back to top Go down
Targo
Admin
Targo

PostSubject: Re: Team Gurren Fitness Club   Team Gurren Fitness Club EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Cadet wrote:

Geez, good job.

I've just now worked up to jogging 3 miles. I'm pretty new to this so I'm having to build up my endurance before I start worrying about time. I've been weight-lifting consistently too finally.

Weighing in at 183 lbs, started the summer at 200 lbs so all in all I'm pleased with my progress so far.
Back to top Go down
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: Team Gurren Fitness Club   Team Gurren Fitness Club EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Cadet wrote:

Torgo's Pizza wrote:
Weighing in at 183 lbs, started the summer at 200 lbs so all in all I'm pleased with my progress so far.

Damn...I've got to get to it. But I've hit a snag. I twisted my ankle last night and I still can't really walk on it. It's not swollen or bruised...it just feels like it is. It's gotten better today, but I definitely can't run or anything.

I am doing better about food. Jake, that yogurt is wonderful. Satisfies my sweet tooth and only 110 calories per serving (and they're big serving sizes). And I've been only eating wheat toast for breakfast.
Back to top Go down
http://prinny-overlord.deviantart.com/
Targo
Admin
Targo

PostSubject: Re: Team Gurren Fitness Club   Team Gurren Fitness Club EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:03 am

Prinny-O wrote:

Damn...I've got to get to it. But I've hit a snag. I twisted my ankle last night and I still can't really walk on it. It's not swollen or bruised...it just feels like it is. It's gotten better today, but I definitely can't run or anything.

I am doing better about food. Jake, that yogurt is wonderful. Satisfies my sweet tooth and only 110 calories per serving (and they're big serving sizes). And I've been only eating wheat toast for breakfast.

I'm amazed about how low that yogurt is on calories every time I eat it. 110 calories for a cup, and I almost never eat a cup of it at once.

Once your ankle gets better you should try that running plan I posted earlier, I think it looks like a really good starting out routine.
Back to top Go down
StarTrekRules

StarTrekRules

PostSubject: Re: Team Gurren Fitness Club   Team Gurren Fitness Club EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:15 am

kung fu/ wushu is really a workout. I sweat buckets!
Back to top Go down
FlyingStewardess

FlyingStewardess

PostSubject: Re: Team Gurren Fitness Club   Team Gurren Fitness Club EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:02 am

Yeah I think I've lost a little weight already from 3 Kung Fu/Wushu classes. It's a hard class, but I already feel myself getting stronger and my pants fitting better. Plus I'm making good progress on my butterfly kick!
Back to top Go down
Cadet

Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Team Gurren Fitness Club   Team Gurren Fitness Club EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:06 pm

Maintaining that 5.1 mile in approximately 46/47 minute pace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Gurren Fitness Club   Team Gurren Fitness Club Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Gurren Fitness Club
Page 1 of 1