Team Gurren Pizza Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Team Gurren Pizza Club

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What makes you rage today?

Go down 
+2
Gammaraymay
StarTrekRules
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
FlyingStewardess

FlyingStewardess

What makes you rage today? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 6:49 pm

You have gone to the doctor, right? This sounds like food poisoning or something. I'm so sorry and I hope you feel better. Does this feel like a sign to you? I feel like I've gotten a sign with my left hand getting tendonitis from the horn playing... now I'm thinking about switching to trumpet again. We're just falling apart!
Back to top Go down
Targo
Admin
Targo

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:00 pm

I went to the doctor yesterday, I have a stomach virus, which is better known as stomach flu even though it isn't actually a flu. I haven't been able to hold down anything I've eaten for the past 3 days.

Yeah I've definitely taken it as a sign, first my archaeology internship cancels on its own, then I get sick and can't do the archaeology field school. All of this while I was losing interest in archaeology and was thinking about getting back into History.

The main thing that sucks is that I was the only guy doing field school and there were several attractive women who have now all seen me throw up and possibly think I'm a quitter. What can you do? Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://pizzaclub.forumotion.net
Targo
Admin
Targo

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 11:52 pm

So this thread hasn't seen activity in awhile, guess that means everyone's lives are going pretty well.

So to revive the thread I'll complain.

I can not find a job. Seriously, no one is hiring. No one has gotten back to me. There are still plenty of places left to apply, but the process is making me sick. Plus if this is any indication the other places are going to be exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 1:07 am

Welcome to Big Boy Town. That is the world of employment. Hard workers aren't appreciated, you can't get a first job until you have job experience, places will hire jackasses who will underperform and possibly fraud the company/workplace before hiring a competent worker. It's horrible.
Back to top Go down
http://prinny-overlord.deviantart.com/
Targo
Admin
Targo

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 1:13 am

Prinny-O wrote:
you can't get a first job until you have job experience

Exactly. Don't they see the flaw in this? And seriously how much previous work exp do I need to work at a supermarket?

Fast Food is my back-up, I have no idea if any of them are hiring though.
Back to top Go down
Gammaraymay

Gammaraymay

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 3:07 am

Torgo's Pizza wrote:
Prinny-O wrote:
you can't get a first job until you have job experience

Exactly. Don't they see the flaw in this? And seriously how much previous work exp do I need to work at a supermarket?

Fast Food is my back-up, I have no idea if any of them are hiring though.

Are you only looking in Berea?

If your considering lex ACS would be a good temp thing until you can find something better and they're hiring. We even have mandatory overtime right now.
Back to top Go down
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:25 am

The air conditioner broke. That is all I need to say for you guys to know just how much rage I'm experiencing right now. Finally have a car with AC, and now I don't have a home with AC. This sucks...hard.
Back to top Go down
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:03 pm

Still no AC at home, very little AC at work (it's 79 degrees), Brandy's sick and has missed two days of work, ACS doesn't provide the form Brandy needs the physician to sign because the link to it on the website is broken, I've had 3 of my ads pulled from this week's issue with the chance that 2 more will be pulled later (and this is my first issue on my own in my department), and the largest color ad we have this week has still not been emailed to me so I'm sitting around doing absolutely nothing.

If it wasn't for the announcement of a Donkey Kong Country for the Wii, this would have been an absolutely horrible day. Instead, it's just a horrible day.
Back to top Go down
FlyingStewardess

FlyingStewardess

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Wow all that totally sucks. You can come cool off over at our house if you want, and I hope the doctor has something to make Brandy feel better.
Back to top Go down
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks, Heather, but we finally have our AC back. We have a pretty good landlord. Also, we went to the doctor and Brandy has some medicine to help her sleep and for panic attacks. And she has basically the rest of the week off, and she shouldn't have any occurrences for it. She won't get any money for the time she missed, but she won't get in any trouble, and that's more important right now.

The situation at the paper still sucked, though.
Back to top Go down
Gammaraymay

Gammaraymay

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:47 pm

FlyingStewardess wrote:
Wow all that totally sucks. You can come cool off over at our house if you want, and I hope the doctor has something to make Brandy feel better.

Awww, thank you Heather. Everything should start looking up if these meds work out. If not she said she would start me on anti-depressants. The sleep meds are over the counter and all natural. I was really happy about that!
Back to top Go down
Targo
Admin
Targo

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:37 pm

Yeah sounds like they know their stuff, cause a lot of the chemicals in other sleeping meds can be addictive. Get to feeling better, Brandy!
Back to top Go down
Gammaraymay

Gammaraymay

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:47 pm

Torgo's Pizza wrote:
Yeah sounds like they know their stuff, cause a lot of the chemicals in other sleeping meds can be addictive. Get to feeling better, Brandy!

Seems as though the sleeping meds worked. The real test will come the night before returning to work. Yeah, becoming addicted to stuff or being addicted scares me. It's one of the many reasons I quit drinking soda. I don't like feeling like I don't have a choice when it comes to what I intake food, medicine, etc.
Back to top Go down
FlyingStewardess

FlyingStewardess

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:22 pm

I want you to know that I understand completely about what a struggle it is when it comes to medicines. I took antidepressants for a number of years and hated it. Yet if I didn’t take it I would become this out of control monster. I ended up quitting cold turkey, a decision I regret now as it led to months of recovery. I’m sure that decision has shaped the way I am today.
What I’m trying to say is, I needed my medicine but I didn’t take it. Right now, you need your medicine. You could become incredibly sick without sleep, so between the choice of terrible illness and potential addiction, I think you know what choice you need to make. It’s hard to feel like you need the medicine as a crutch, that it’s not natural or something, but you shouldn’t feel bad at all because right now it’s the help you need to stay healthy.
Let me know if you need any help or anything, I’d be happy to talk to you if you need someone to listen.
Back to top Go down
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:25 pm

Boy...I wish I had the holiday off. And I wish Brandy did, too.

So far at the paper, we can't contact anyone because nearly every business is closed. Those that we have been able to contact have cancelled their ads. One of which was a full color, full page ad, which would have given me a lot of extra work and money. Tuesday will go one of two ways at work:

1) I will get slammed with too many ads for one day, meaning I'll have to come back into work Tuesday evening

or 2) Most of the ads we are waiting on will be cancelled and I will have no work to do, which means a lot less hours this week.

And I'm still not even sure if I'm getting holiday pay or not. I may need to start looking for a new job if the sales department can't get their act together and sell more ads.
Back to top Go down
Targo
Admin
Targo

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:41 am

I'm sick again (second time this summer), feels bad man pale
Back to top Go down
StarTrekRules

StarTrekRules

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:56 am

sucks man.
Back to top Go down
StarTrekRules

StarTrekRules

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:30 pm

the cicada right out my window. I love cicadas but not at 10 at night!
Back to top Go down
Cadet

Cadet

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:11 am

Alex for blowing up my inbox for bumping every tread on this board.
Back to top Go down
http://TKBearCrew.com
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:59 pm

Cadet wrote:
Alex for blowing up my inbox for bumping every tread on this board.

I don't know why, but I just now saw this post. For some reason, I never got the news that this thread was bumped...ironically. Sorry about that. I had forgotten about that before I did my little post-a-thon.

As for my rage today:
Earlier this month, I was working on a half page ad for a corn maze. I turned in one draft, and it was returned with a few comments, basically saying that the committee did not like the ad. I completely redid the ad based on their comments, and I received an email back saying they decided to have the person who designed their banners to design the half page ad. This got me really upset.

Today, I get an email with the half page ad the other designer made. It looks like shit. Absolutely horrible. There's a white box around one of the logos (the white box shouldn't be there); the only fonts used were Cooper Black and Times New Roman; the client sent me a bunch of pictures to use in the ad, and then the ad they sent didn't have one actual picture, just horribly drawn caricatures; lines of text overlapping each other; illegible text over the corn graphic. It's awful. And this is what they chose over mine.
Back to top Go down
StarTrekRules

StarTrekRules

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 7:34 pm

costumers can be really big idiots sometimes when they are not artists.
Back to top Go down
Cadet

Cadet

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:37 pm

So, I was almost feeling good about myself,I could almost hear my self-confidence chiming in in the back of my head. I was starting to feel that I was getting into good shape. A guy passed as I was running, this is not the rage part FYI, as I saw it as a challenge. This guy was better than me, and maybe if I tried to keep pace with him, I could learn something, so, I pushed myself and caught up to him, and kept pace at a polite distance behind him until I hit the end of my run, and in doing so, got a new personal best, 5.1 miles in 44 minutes.

Then as I stood there trying to catch my breath after my run, I took off my T-Shirt to wipe my face and two middle age woman literally pointed and laughed at me. I had passed them right near the end, and they weren't really talking. I didn't even take off ym shirt like I was trying to impress anyone, hell, I was facing away from the path when I took it off and wiped my face, and then turned around and they were just about up to me, and they looked at me, pointed, and laughed.
Back to top Go down
http://TKBearCrew.com
Prinny-O

Prinny-O

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:12 pm

James, don't let this get you down. You're in great shape, and you're running a hell of a lot more than I can in a hell of a short time.

Who the hell actually points and laughs anymore? Pointing is very rude.
Back to top Go down
Targo
Admin
Targo

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:54 pm

They be some bitches.
Back to top Go down
StarTrekRules

StarTrekRules

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:57 pm

they are cgl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes you rage today?   What makes you rage today? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

What makes you rage today?
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next